switch user

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sat May 3 13:26:44 CEST 2008

On Sat May 3 2008, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> > The problem is, I can't find a switch-user app
> >
> > > on xfce, so I can log her in. Is it missing??
> >
> > It doesn't exist.
>
> If you use gdm (don't know about kdm) you have a nice entry in the menu
> “Systems”: “New Login”. And xscreensaver/gnome-screensaver are able to
> use this when the system is locked.

I know I have gdm installed, but my wife uses the KDE windows manager ( as did
I..). I had problems before with my X session logging me off, so one of the
apps that I turned OFF was gnome-screensaver. If she can run the KDE under
gdm, I'm love to try it, I'm just not sure how to manipulate the window
managers.. But I **AM** beginning to like xfce, the windows SNAP, things
work, and it is showing me some of the bloat/excess.. of KDE.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800