switch user

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Fri May 2 21:55:48 CEST 2008

On Fri May 2 2008, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> > first (F7), then log her in. The problem is, I can't find a switch-user
> > app on xfce, so I can log her in. Is it missing??
>
> It doesn't exist.

wow, hard to believe..

> > I noticed when I ran KDE, klibido would consume 100% of my cpu (
> > duo-core), but with xfce, it only runs about 10%, I REALLY like that!!
> > I used to run Kontact, for email & RSS feeds, but liferea isn't bad, I
> > can live with that. What about a calendar app???
>
> Try Orage.
ok, so I went here:
http://www.xfce.org/projects/orage/
and got this:
svn co http://svn.xfce.org/svn/xfce/xfcalendar/trunk orage

then, it was an exercise in frustration...
# ./autogen.sh
xdt-autogen: You must have "autoconf" installed on your system.
             Download the appropriate package for your distribution,
             or get the source tarball at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/.
paulandcilla:/home/pbc/Documents/software/orage# aptitude install autoconf
<SNIP>
Building tag database... Done

paulandcilla:/home/pbc/Documents/software/orage# ./autogen.sh
xdt-autogen: You must have "intltool" installed on your system.
             You can download the source tarball from
             ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/.
paulandcilla:/home/pbc/Documents/software/orage# aptitude install intltool
<SNIP>

paulandcilla:/home/pbc/Documents/software/orage# ./autogen.sh
xdt-autogen: You must have "libtool" installed on your system.
             Download the appropriate package for your distribution,
             or get the source tarball at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/.
paulandcilla:/home/pbc/Documents/software/orage# aptitude install libtool
Reading package lists... Done
The following packages are BROKEN:
  libltdl3-dev

paulandcilla:/home/pbc/Documents/software/orage# ./autogen.sh
.....<SNIP>
checking for libxfce4mcs-client-1.0 >= 4.4.0... not found
*** The required package libxfce4mcs-client-1.0 was not found on your system.
*** Please install libxfce4mcs-client-1.0 (atleast version 4.4.0) or adjust
*** the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
*** installed the package in a nonstandard prefix so that
*** pkg-config is able to find it.

# aptitude install libxfce4mcs-client-1.0
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
Building tag database... Done
Couldn't find any package whose name or description
matched "libxfce4mcs-client-1.0"

I'm getting real tired of this...

--
Paul Cartwright