System tray and KDE apps?

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri May 2 20:23:56 CEST 2008

Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
> On Thu, 1 May 2008 23:02:30 +0200
> Bjørn T Johansen <btj at havleik.no> wrote:
>
>> Shouldn't this work? When I start kopete, the notification icon is created as a smal window in the upper left
>> corner of the screen and not in the XFCE system tray? Am I doing something wrong or?
>
> Anyone? I see that something called KDE systray proxy is deprecated and not included in my install, is this my problem
> or?

For starters, it's generally considered bad etiquette to repost after
such a short time.  Please, if you ask something, try to give it a
couple days before reposting if you don't get a response.  17 hours is
pretty quick to expect a response from a possibly-obscure question.

Anyhow, you haven't given enough information to answer your question.
What version of Xfce are you using?  How did you install it?  Distro
packages?  What distro?

	-brian