keyboard shortcut - xfce4-popup-menu and xfce4-popup-windowlist

Eric P eric.maillist at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 02:40:39 CET 2008

Stefan Stuhr wrote:
> Sieranski, Greg wrote:
>> Eric P wrote:
>>> I have keyboard shortcuts set for xfce4-popup-menu (ctrl-esc) and xfce4-popup-windowlist (alt-esc), but they just don't
>>> work.
>>>
>>> They work great in the terminal (I.e., brings up the main menu or window list).
>>>
>>> Any ideas what's wrong?
>>>
>> I am having similiar issues with (ctrl-esc) for the popup-menu. I have
>> managed to map ctlr + alt r to the frun but for the most part the
>> mappings seem to be hit or miss
>
> Can it have something to do with the menus getting the shortcut keyboard
> events?
> Clicking on the Escape key when a menu is open will close the menu.

Nope, but nice inference though.  I just changed both of them to other shortcuts (ctrl-alt-u and ctrl-alt-l).  They only
work intermittently now.  For example, with my Thunderbird window in focus, these shortcuts work 80-90% of the time.
But if I'm on an empty desktop, they work around 10% of the time.  Weird indeed.

I don't have this problem with other xfce4 functions such as xfce4-popup-notes or xfce4-session-logout which
consistently work w/keyboard shortcuts.

Eric