Xfce pretty slow?

Michael Schmarck michael.schmarck at habmalnefrage.de
Sun Mar 23 13:13:58 CET 2008

Hello!

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org> wrote:

>  When using Terminal in combination with composite, then indeed it can be slow.

I'm not using composite - or is that a default of Xfce? And it's also not
about Terminal. Eg. it also *seems* to be quite slow when I switch
tabs in Firefox.

>  Another possibility is to disable composite.

I did not enable it, so I doubt that it is enabled. How do I check?

>  The true cause of this issue seems to be the nvidia drivers.

I don't have an nvidia card. I've got a UniChrome card. Using either
the openchrome drivers or the via drviers.

Michael