Mouse configuration file to disable right-click

Scott Trafford scott.trafford at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 14:27:52 CET 2008

Ambrose

Awesome!  I had to put in 9 buttons worth (not sure why, since it is a
simple 3-button mouse - maybe if I put 'Options buttons 3' in xorg.conf) but
it works beautifully.

For anyone else searching this thread, this is the command I used:

xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12"

(since I got an error that my integer range was bad when trying "1 5 6" so
if it thinks it had 9 buttons, you have to give values for all 9)

Now I just need to get rid of that pesky right-click key on the keyboard.

Thanks for all the posts (well the helpful ones at least).

-Scott