OT: posting style (Re: New XFCE distribution)

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Fri Mar 14 08:41:21 CET 2008

On ven, 2008-03-14 at 08:04 +0100, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> I also experienced this. People who only know the top-post style and
> never came across other, possibly better styles (:D), they are really
> confused and sometimes even feel affronted by bottom-post, just
> because
> they don't understand it.

Well, some people do know about bottom-post, but still persist doing
top-post. That's because they include the *full* backlog. Anyone added
to the CC: list is able to follow the entire backlog by reading (in
natural reading order) everything after the first signature. Then he
reads the message itself.

I disagree with that kind of mails, but I can understand people using it
at work and getting used to it. It's just a pain when they do that on a
mailing list :)

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis