Unable to launch XFCE Settings Manager

Setya Djajadinata jsetya at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 19:45:45 CEST 2008

Hi,

> So I logged in to Fedora
> > without X11 and installed XFCE from command line. All worked well, I
> > could log in using XFCE window manager. But then I'm unable to launch
> > its Settings Manager. I mean when I invoke it through the menu
> > nothing shows up. Launching it through XFCE terminal doesn't work
> > either (using xfce-setting-show command).
>
> How did you install it?
>
> Try doing a 'yum groupinstall XFCE' and see if it pulls in additional
> packages you didn't install?

This is what I did to install :

1. Boot with Fedora Rescue CD in.
2. Change setting in /etc/inittab to boot without X11.
3. Reboot without Fedora Rescue CD.
4. Fedora starts without X11.
5. Log in as root.
5. Invoke 'yum groupinstall XFCE' to install XFCE.
6. Repeat step 1 & 2, only this time set to boot with X11.
6. Reboot.

Regards,

Setya