XFCE4 crashes with in VNC session when running acroread

Tony.Shum Tony.Shum at analog.com
Wed Jun 25 13:38:26 CEST 2008

Hello all,

Has anyone encounter xfce4-4.4.1 and 4.4.2 under VNC inetd ?  I am
running RHEL-4.0, and I don't recall any crashes on RHEL-3.0.  The
strange thing is that when I execute acroread(7.0/8.0) on xfce4 that had
been up for few days, the VNC window disappear(crashed) and all
applications are terminated with it.  But if I start up VNC with xfec4
and execute acroread, it does not crashed, but xfce4 eventually crashed
at some point.  If no acroread running, xfce4 works fine.

service vnc5
{
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = yes
        user            = myaccount
        server          = /usr/bin/Xvnc
        server_args     = :5 -inetd -query localhost -once -AlwaysShared
-depth 24 -geometry 1435x850 PasswordFile=/home/myaccount/.vnc/passwd
IdleTimeout=0 -desktop 5 -rfbwait 10000
}

Any idea?

-- Tony