Newbie config questions

Cole Tuininga cole.tuininga at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 17:32:31 CEST 2008

Hey folks - I'm a fresh convert from gnome/sawfish (on Ubuntu) and am
very glad to be here.  What a performance improvement!  :)

In any case, I've gotten Xfce configured almost entire the way I want
it, with a few very minor things.  The things I haven't been able to
figure out yet (perhaps they aren't possible?):

o) In the pager, I'd like to make it so that sticky windows only show
up in my current desktop.  The problem is that with them sticky, it's
hard to see what's in the other desktops.

o) I'd like to switch the mouse buttons 2 and 3 (leaving 1 alone)

o) At the moment, if I have the pointer over the desktop, the scroll
wheel will cycle through desktops.  Can I turn that off somehow?

o) Icons - is there a way to get them to autoarrange?

o) Window resizing - one feature I do miss is that when I resized a
window under sawfish, it showed me the dimensions of the window.  Is
there a way to do that in Xfce?

Many thanks in advance for any hints/ideas.

--
Cole Tuininga
http://www.tuininga.org/