problem to configure a dsl connection

David Mohr damailings at mcbf.net
Sat Jun 14 17:25:27 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 4:34 AM, galette at tin.it <galette at tin.it> wrote:
> Dear all
> I've a strange problem trying to configure a directly ethernet
> modem adsl connection, a connection that do not pass through a router (
> a so called "dsl connection")
> I can't find a tool to create it. I'm new
> of Xfce. I usually use a router connection but I have to test the
> router for some problems and I need a dsl connection, for now
> What tool
> can I use to  ?
> Thanks
> Alessia

Hi Alessia,
this problem has nothing to do with your graphical desktop environment
(aka Xfce). Rather, you should ask this question on a mailing list or
forum that belongs to your distribution (i.e. debian, ubuntu, fedora
etc).

As a short overview, configuring a dsl modem directly is either very
simple (just plug in and get an address over dhcp), but often involves
some configuration for authentication with tools like pppoe.

~David