Xfburn Feedback

David Mohr damailings at mcbf.net
Thu Jun 5 07:26:53 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 9:08 AM, Chuanwen Wu <wcw8410 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Are you using a rewritable disc?
> No, I used "CD-Recordable" disc.
>
>> Maybe an overzealous automount is at
>> work here. After you umount the disc, start xfburn and get the grayed
>> out buttons, what does "mount" tell you about the drive? Is it mounted
>> or not?
>
> I didn't umount the disc. Because
>  # umount /dev/hda
> umount: /dev/hda: not mounted
> (hda is my cd device, I am very sure)
>
> And of course I can't see my hda through "mount", so it's not mounted.

Ok. I thought that maybe a mounted disc prevented xfburn from finding
your drive, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Could you maybe post the output of 'dmesg | grep hda', so that we can
see what kind of drive you have in your system?

>> Another interesting thing to see would be the console output of xfburn
>> with debug enabled. If you run configure with --enable-debug, and then
>> post the console output here that would be great.
>
> Here is the output:
> $ xfburn
> DBG[xfburn-settings.c:302] load_settings(): parsed
> ** Message: Using Thunar-VFS 0.9.0

Looks like no drives were detected. I added some additional console
output, could you maybe retry with trunk (rev. 4886 or newer)?

Thanks,
~David