[OT?] Problems with libburn

Steve Randall srandall52 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 3 13:43:19 CEST 2008

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 07:51:20 +0200
"Anders Lind" <sunshinecoast at swipnet.se> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I know that this might not be the correct forum for this question but with some luck (?) somebody has experienced this when installing xfburn and can give me a hint what I can do. I wanted to try and run xfburn and needs to install libburn but I get an error that says: Undefined reference to 'cam_close_device'
>
> I am using FreeBSD 7.0 on an amd64 processor
>
> I just got a tip in the #libburn IRC channel that FreeBSD is not supported by libburn so my question might be instead if anyone has been able to run xfburn on FreeBSD and if so how you did it.

I did this just yesterday, using FreeBSD 7.0 on i386 architecture,
perhaps this will work for you.

For libburn.

LIBS=-lcam ./configure
gmake install

For libisofs (which will be next on your list).

Patch libisofs/messages.c, adding #include <sys/types.h> before
#include "libiso_msgs.h"

CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib \
LIBS=-liconv ./configure
gmake install

For xfburn itself.

GMSGFMT=msgfmt ./configure