XFCE from trunk problems

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Tue Jun 3 07:27:38 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 20:08:12 -0700, "Brian J. Tarricone"
<bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> > > write
> > > open a
> > > it
> > >
> > > Why are you using xfce4-terminal?  It is unmaintained and doesn't
> > > work
> > > very well.  You should be using Terminal.  Regardless, I have not
> > > experienced the problem you describe.
> >
> > xfce4-terminal is Terminal name under Debian/Ubuntu. Terminal was
> > too generic for a package and a command name, so we had to rename
> > it. xfce4-terminal was chosen because nobody knew at that time that
> > there was another (dead already) project named like this.
>
> Right, but he's installing from SVN, so he'd get xfce4-terminal from
> the xfce4-terminal module, and Terminal from the terminal module.

Just an idea: why not moving the dead xfce4-terminal in SVN into the
xfce-archive repository, then it is still there but usually people
don't get in contact with it and so might bit less confused by two
terminal programs in Xfce.

Regards,
Enrico