ANN: xfburn version 0.3 released

David Mohr damailings at mcbf.net
Mon Jun 2 23:45:32 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,

it is our pleasure to announce a new release of xfburn. We present you the
xfburn 0.3, our little application that just stepped in the new era of its
life. Here's a quick excerpt on what changed from previous release:

- Use libburn and libisofs (libburnia-project.org) instead of cdrtools
- Add support for writing ISO from a composition using libburn
- Add support for burning a composition using libburn
- DVD burning
- Formating and deformating of DVD-RW discs
- Removed buttons for not yet working functionality
- Use HAL to update disc status when a disc is inserted / removed
- Disable "Burn composition" button where there is no files in composition
- Avoid adding non regular files (bug #2179)
- Directory are sort before files in data composition
- Fix segfault when removing a file and one of its parent directory together
- Try to use media-optical and media-cdrom as themable icon before
gtk-cdrom in order to avoid crappy png icon being shown in Preferences
dialog
- Fix icon size in filesystem browser
- Add icons for actions based on icons from the Tango icontheme
- Detect and sort supported write speeds (#4012)
- Use correct cdrom size (bug #2753)
- Add new icons based on icons from the Tango icontheme
- List columns are resizable now (bug #2930)

You can grab it from http://www.xfce.org/~pollux/xfburn/xfburn-0.3.0.tar.gz .

There are of course a lot of other things we have polished which we want you to
discover. However, please do note that some restrictions do apply on
this release.
We *know* some features very important to you, like audio cd writing
or disc copy, are
missing. We will work on them, be patient with us. Play around with
xfburn and tell us
what you think, because your feedback is very valuable to us.

Sincerely,
David, Mario and Jean-François