XFCE from trunk problems

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Jun 2 20:15:46 CEST 2008

Perriman wrote:

> I find a problem: The xfce.desktop is not copied to the correct place.
>
> I have copied it manually to /usr/share/xsessions/xfce.desktop. I think
> this is a bug...

No, this is probably either a) the location being distro-specific, or b)
you installing Xfce to a prefix other than /usr.

> Another problem: If I press alt+f2 to execute an application, I write
> xfce4-terminal but nothing happends... If I execute terminal, it open a
> terminal then I write xfce4-terminal into the another terminal and it
> opens the new terminal (wohh!!! sorry for my english!)

Why are you using xfce4-terminal?  It is unmaintained and doesn't work
very well.  You should be using Terminal.  Regardless, I have not
experienced the problem you describe.

> The last problem and more important: When I compile some libraries, the
> xfce menu disapear from the panel and I need restart and reinsert it in
> the panel.

Yup, known issue.  libxfce4menu has some bugs that haven't been ironed
out yet.  If this is a problem for you, you shouldn't be running svn
trunk.  Don't ever expect it to be production-worthy, or even stable
(though in practice it's usually pretty stable).

	-brian