session saving and autostart app

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 04:14:49 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 9:19 PM, cathayan <cathayan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed google gadgets for linux 2 days ago and
> made autostart for it because it had not had this feature.
> The option of  "save the session" in the exit windows
> is always checked. So after I start my computer again,
> there are 2 google gadgets - one is from session saver,
> and one is from the autostart.
>
> How to avoid this? and the session saver seems not
> save the app's options but only the command.

The app seems not to be correctly saving its session.

Try this. Set the app up as autostarted, log in, set your desktop the
way you want it when you log in, kill google gadgets, log out saving
your session, then log in. From now on don't save your session, and
you should be okay.

> Thanks.
>
> --
> cathayan at gmail.com
> http://blog.cathayan.org

Erik
"Ooooh, we've got this notion that we'd quite like to sail the ocean."