newbie questions on xfce

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 1 20:34:26 CEST 2008

--- On Sun, 6/1/08, Alexander Toresson <alexander.toresson at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Alexander Toresson <alexander.toresson at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: newbie questions on xfce
> To: "XFCE general discussion list" <xfce at xfce.org>
> Date: Sunday, June 1, 2008, 3:29 AM
> On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 1:32 AM, Globe Trotter
> <itsme_410 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks very much! I exited and went back in and
> worked. Perhaps had something to do with starting the
> session. I have a couple more questions, however.
> >
> > I like having a big clock (oclock) on the screen. So,
> I type oclock
> > and it shows up all right. However I wonder how I can
> make it
> > "sticky" across workspaces? This does not
> seem to have a window
> > menu so i can not ask for it to be sticky across
> workspaces like that.
>
> I believe you can right-click its entry in the taskbar and
> make it sticky.

Thanks very much! Being new to a DE, I did not quite understand what you meant, but hit the solution by accident: your suggestion is absolutely correct, and worked like a charm, thanks!

> If you want to get rid of all icons, disable them in the
> behaviour tab
> in the desktop settings. If you want to disable just those
> icons, read
> the readme of xfdesktop as brian pointed out.

Thanks again, I am doing so right now.

Thanks very much for all your and the list's help. I am in much better shape than I was two days ago using the xfce DE.

best,
trotter