missing menu

nettxzl nettxzl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 17:57:59 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've just installed xfce-4.4.2 (core components) and it seems to be working
except that I can't get the Xfce menu to come up. When I click on the menu
icon at the top of the pane, the menu doesn't come up but the icon vanishes
and I have to use Add New Item to put it back. When I right click on the
desktop background again no response. I also tried xfdesktop -menu in a
terminal and again no menu. (Middle click on the desktop background and
xfdesktop -windowlist does bring up the window list).
I've put the menu.xml from /etc/xdg/xfce4/desktop in my
.config/xfce4/desktop.

How can I get the Xfce menu to come up?
Thanks for any suggestions.

--Toni