Where are the goals of XFCE.

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 23:35:40 CEST 2008

Hi

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 12:05 AM, Diego Jacobi <jacobidiego at gmail.com> wrote:
> [a lot of
> Also i am sure that you know about a new xfce fork, and if that isnt

Please check your statements, lxde is by no mean a fork of xfce, the
code is not related to xfce code afaict, according the the AUTHORS
files of the released packages:

    GPicView (image Viewer): Seems to be new code
    GtkNetCat (GUI for netcat): New code
    LXAppearance: New code
    lxde-common (default config): New code, uses MIT licensed source
code from gnome-settings-daemon
    LXLauncher (for Asus EeePC): New code, portions from guification
plugin of gaim/pidgin and a widget taken from libexo
    LXNM (network manager): New code
    LXPanel (desktop panel): based on fbpanel and fspanel
    LXRandR (monitor config tool): new code
    LXSession Lite session manager: session manager is based on XSM by
The Open Group, with HAL support of lxsession-logout is taken from
xfce4-session.
    LXSession (session manager)  : Idem
    LXTask (task manager): LXTask is derived from Xfce4 Task Manager
    LXTerminal (terminal emulator): New code

So beside XFce Task manager (and I don't even know what it is), and
some portions of xfce session, thre is not much is common with xfce.

> duplicated efforts, then i dont know what the deffinition of duplicated
> efforts is. :P But if thoose programmers have got the same answer that i
> have got, then i understand why the fork.

I think your emails contain way too many direct personal attacks and
false statements, not to mention the general tone which make them look
like more like a troll than any grown up, technically founded
discussion. And then you complain of the answers you get on the
mailing list.

Sorry, but as far as I am concerned, this thread is over.

Cheers,
Olivier.