Where are the goals of XFCE.

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Mon Jul 14 02:44:43 CEST 2008

Am Sun, 13 Jul 2008 20:05:11 -0300
schrieb "Diego Jacobi" <jacobidiego at gmail.com>:

> 2008/7/13 Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org>:

> > > I can use nautilus, but then whats the point of thunar being so
> > > good? i cant use dolphin or konqueror, why would i choose a like
> > > weight DE and open heavy KDE apps.
> > > I want to use thunar, but i need it to have features to browse the
> > > lan, just because of that i need to have nautilus.
> >
> > Please, go whine somewhere else. Network filesystems are on the TODO
> > list but you have to respect that Xfce is a hobby project. It's not
> > sponsored by companies and we're not getting payed to work on it. So
> > sometimes new features take time.
> >

> You are so wrong about my questions. Please dont answer it if you
> will do it like that.
> How do you expect to have monetary contribution if you answer like
> that.

I never said I do.

> I only found an xfce wishlist which is user contributed and
> doesnt have any TODO list or future plans, or how many people is
> maintainer of X project. That is what i asking for, the rest of the
> mail is a deviated conversation. Also the title of the mail is a
> short summary of what i need. The goals of the project, which would
> be the same as the TODO list. So, you talk about it but dont point to
> it.

Because you didn't ask for it. Asking goes like this:

  "Hey guys, can anyone please tell me whether someone is working
   on network filesystem support for Thunar or at least planning to
   implement a feature like this?"

What you did is:

  "I want to use thunar, but i need it to have features to browse the
   lan, just because of that i need to have nautilus.
   Also i  was expecting to get an url with the plans for thunar and
   seeing there the lan support, not a joke."

Now tell me where you're "asking" for something and how one can not
interpret these words as "demanding".

It occurs to me that it might be a good idea for you to read documents
like http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html or our
mailinglist FAQ which is sent to this list every few weeks.

Have a good night/day,

  - Jannis