xfwm4

Diego Jacobi jacobidiego at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 02:03:45 CEST 2008

2008/7/13 Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Diego Jacobi <jacobidiego at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> [...]
> > Also i have an nvidia GF7025 card, and when moving windows around with
> xfwm4
> > or resizing, i can see the slow refresh of the content, which is an
> > indicator to me of being slow.
>
> Disable compositing in xorg, does that make any difference?

Thanks Olivier.
I have disabled compositing and the slow redrawing is much better. But i can
only compare with openbox, which is not fare. Both draws better.

> > So instead of developing a entire new WM as all the people does, what is
> the
> > reason for what the xfce developers didnt choose to use metacity and
> > optimice it.
>
> The main reasons is probably because I do not like metacity code...

Well, nice to ear that.
I have not seen any of both code, but agree that sometimes is impossible to
work with code from others.
Can i ask what about the code you dont like?
Is the implementation, something about the sintax or the project goals?

That is what i want to know. I would like to see an experienced developer to
say metacity is going in the wrong way by X causes.

Cheers