Deskmenu question / modification

Wed Jan 30 03:38:40 CET 2008

I posted this question in Decemeber:

I've noticed that changes made to deskmenu are reflected in the Xfce menu.
I like the Xfce menu concept of listing all the installed applications.
However I would like to customize deskmenu without changing the Xfce menu.
Is this a very difficult code modification?
Could someone perhaps point me in right direction (or tell me ...
leave it to the experts -:)

I've yet to receive a respone to this post ...
Is it because members of this list think it's a trival request?
I thought mabe the request was ignored because a solution was
available in the 4.2 documentation ... if so I've yet to discover.

So I humbly / politely ask why no response?