Seamonkey start problems from menu

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Fri Jan 25 21:07:43 CET 2008

Hello all.

Had some problems with the title, as the issue is strange:

1) I installed seamonkey (1.1.7 if that matters) under /opt
   (tried both the tar.gz and the installer versions)
2) Made a symlink from /usr/local/bin, to be able to call it
   without adding to path.
3) From an rxvt terminal, 'seamonkey' starts fine, so the
   symlink works ok.
4) Adding it to the XFCE menu (XFCE 4.4.1), I tried to
   put just 'seamonkey', but:

Seamonkey _does_ start (so does seamonkey-bin), but nothing appears on
the desktop! (I check that it was running with 'ps ax'. Also, trying to
run seamonkey then goes into the profilemanager window, because another
copy is running).

I did the symlink thing with firefox, exactly the same way/ and that one
works.

Any suggestions?

John