thunar-volman and automount

polytan polytan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 16:47:49 CET 2008

I've used gparted 2 weeks ago...

Simply lovely ! Why this fuck*ng program does that ? I mean after you close
it, it must be remove...

rm -rf /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/gparted-disable-automount.fdi

gparted is a fabulous soft, but this bug...

Now it works perfectly, without pmount, as it does :)

Thanks again !

Polytan

2008/2/28, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org>:

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 10:54:58AM +0000, polytan wrote:
> > exo-mount -d /dev/sdb1 => it seems that you don't have the right
> permission.
>

> Ok. Check access rights and the policykit thing. I guess you'll have to
> dig
> into hal config files.
>
> Another problem may be related to gparted. Some release had a bug wich
> would
> prevent automount to work. When gparted is run, automount _has_ to be
> disabled, so they put a file in some hal location wich would prevent
> automounting. But this file was never removed, thus leading to this kind
> of
> problem.
>
> If you have used gparted recently, it may be the problem. Report back, and
> if
> this is the problem I'll dig for the file you need to remove.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
>
> Yves-Alexis

  -=( Polytan )=-