xfce4 battery plugin gives wrong infomation with linux kernel 2.6.24

Celejar celejar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 20:29:07 CET 2008

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 07:43:25 +0100
Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org> wrote:

> On mer, 2008-02-20 at 20:14 -0500, Celejar wrote:
> > /sys/class/power_supply contains 'ACAD', which is a symlink
> > to /sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00/PNP0A08:00/device:2a/ACPI0003:00/power_supply/ACAD
> >
> > `uname -a`:
> > Linux lizzie 2.6.24-lizzie #1 Sat Feb 9 20:16:04 EST 2008 i686
> > GNU/Linux
> > (self compiled from Debian source package)
>
> And does the battery plugin work? Wich 2.6.24 is it? Can you check for

The plugin doesn't work; see my mail at:

> procfs attributes too?

I'm not sure what's interesting, so here's this for starters:

$ ls -R /proc/acpi
/proc/acpi:
ac_adapter  dsdt                 fadt  power_resource  thermal_zone
battery     embedded_controller  fan   processor       wakeup
button      event                info  sleep

/proc/acpi/ac_adapter:
ACAD

/proc/acpi/ac_adapter/ACAD:
state

/proc/acpi/battery:
BAT1

/proc/acpi/battery/BAT1:
alarm  info  state

/proc/acpi/button:
lid  power  sleep

/proc/acpi/button/lid:
LID

/proc/acpi/button/lid/LID:
info  state

/proc/acpi/button/power:
PWRB  PWRF

/proc/acpi/button/power/PWRB:
info

/proc/acpi/button/power/PWRF:
info

/proc/acpi/button/sleep:
SLPB

/proc/acpi/button/sleep/SLPB:
info

/proc/acpi/embedded_controller:
EC0

/proc/acpi/embedded_controller/EC0:
info

/proc/acpi/fan:

/proc/acpi/power_resource:

/proc/acpi/processor:
CPU0

/proc/acpi/processor/CPU0:
info  limit  power  throttling

/proc/acpi/thermal_zone:
TZ00  TZ01

/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/TZ00:
cooling_mode  polling_frequency  state  temperature  trip_points

/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/TZ01:
cooling_mode  polling_frequency  state  temperature  trip_points

Can I provide any other useful information?

> Yves-Alexis

Celejar