Panel problem

Robby Workman xfce at rlworkman.net
Fri Feb 22 15:36:08 CET 2008

Mike Massonnet wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 11:53:25AM -0200, John Coppens wrote:
>> Hello all.
>>
>> A newly installed Xfce4.4.1, from the Slackware 12 distro, acts weirdly:
>>
>> I have two panels (one at the top, the other at the bottom of the
>> display). But when I delete one (with the 'Customize Panel' popup, _both_
>> disappear! I can add (both) back, starting xfce4-panel from 'Run...'.
>
> Bug #3496, it has been fixed in Xfce 4.4.2.  I invite you to upgrade :-)

Wow, good catch, Mike - I was scratching my head on this one...
I've not personally seen that bug, so I didn't recognize it.

John,

If you're interested in an easy upgrade to 4.4.2, I have an unofficial
package on my personal site: http://rlworkman.net/pkgs/
Sources and build script are also available if you prefer to build it
yourself, as using unofficial packages puts you at the mercy of the
packager; as for whether you can trust the packager, well, that's a
decision only you can make :)

-RW