xfce4 battery plugin gives wrong infomation with linux kernel 2.6.24

cathayan cathayan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 15:58:23 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Tino Keitel <tino.keitel+xfce at tikei.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 23:38:25 -0800, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>
>  [...]
>

>  > Alternatively, the battery plugin should just use HAL, and then it can
>  > work on the BSDs as well without OS-specific code.
>
>  The wmbattery maintainer just gave up messing around with changing
>  kernel interfaces and now uses HAL to get the battery status. Maybe
>  some inspiration can be taken from there.

Maybe it is the right way.

For my case, I have seen more interest thing on battery plugin:
When I login xfce4, it shows 45% and turns to be 100% after several
seconds; and, if I unplug the AC adapter, it will show 45% for some seconds,
and then show 100% even the computer is using the battery. Meanwhile,
acpi -b and lshal also give right info on the battery.

So, the bug is still open, xfce4 battery plugin can not give out right info of
battery.

cathayan at gmail.com
http://blog.cathayan.org