Problem with the Volume Panel plugin

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Feb 6 02:07:17 CET 2008

Matthias Sauppe wrote:
> Brian J. Tarricone schrieb:
>>> However, the keypresses get handled by XFCE or the panel plugin
>>> somehow.
>> How do you know?
>
> Because the volume gets adjusted when pressing my multimedia keys if
> and only if the volume panel plugin is loaded (I can watch it in
> alsamixer: one keypress increments/decrements by 1 per cent).
> After removing the volume panel plugin, the multimedia keypresses are
> without effect.
>
> "My" program doesn't run during these experiments, of course.

Then I suppose your solution is simple: don't use the volume panel
plugin, or, if you must, you'll need to patch it not to grab the
multimedia keys.

Jannis was working on a completely new Xfce mixer + volume panel plugin.
  I believe it's in xfce4-mixer svn trunk right now.  Might take a look
at that as well; it might work more to your liking (though I'm not sure
if he finished the panel plugin yet).

	-brian