Problem with the Volume Panel plugin

Matthias Sauppe matthias.sauppe at s2004.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Feb 5 20:00:13 CET 2008

Hey,

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> I don't think panel plugin catches your keypresses. But maybe it
> doesn't permit you to move the volume. Maybe an alsa/oss problem?

thanks for your answer.
I'm not sure why the Volume plugin catches my keypresses. But it
definitely does. If I use both the panel plugin and "my" evdev handler,
the behaviour gets weird, because both are actually handling the
keypresses. "My" program increases/decreases the volume by 2 with each
keypress.
And there is also no line with "XF86AudioMute" in my .Xmodmap (which
definitely gets loaded on startup, because there I define my custom
keyboard layout).

However, the keypresses get handled by XFCE or the panel plugin somehow.

Any further idea how to disable that behaviour?

Thanks
Matthias