browsing the network from thunar

Grant McWilliams grantmasterflash at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 17:05:58 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 7:19 AM, Steven Maddox (Cyorxamp) <
s.maddox at cyorxamp.info> wrote:

> That is the way way... the only way, to browse them through Thunar.
>  Nautilus supports that feature - Thunar does not.
>
> Sincerely...
>
> Steven Maddox
> (Cyorxamp)
>
> Cyorxamp's Personal Website
> http://www.cyorxamp.info
>

> Roger D wrote:
>
>> I want to browse the windows shares in my network from thunar, so, I
>> would like to know what choices do I have for this. Right now I only see
>> a way: manually mount the shares with samba and browse the mounted
>> directory. Is there a better solution for this?

It would be nice if Thunar had something like io-slaves but I've seen the
argument here that it's a file manager not a web browser but I don't agree.
My files are everywhere and I hate having to mount up a share on every
computer just so I can see if something I'm looking for is there. I'm not
sure I care so much about windows or nfs sharing as much as I care for
fish:// or ssh://. Maybe use fuse to add this functionality to Thunar
without changing Thunars codebase that much. It doesn't really matter but I
have to keep nautilus around just for this purpose.

Grant McWilliams