new viewvc install on svn.xfce.org

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Thu Dec 11 16:21:26 CET 2008

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:23:26 +0100, "Mark Trompell"
<mark at foresightlinux.org> wrote:

>On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Brian J. Tarricone
><bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:
>> Hey all,
>
>Hi,
>
>> I've replaced the broken and unmaintained SVN::Web svn web interface
>> on http://svn.xfce.org/ with viewvc, which is actually maintained,
>> works well, and is pretty nice (though at present doesn't look quite
>> as nice as SVN::Web did).  It needs some theming work, and I'd like
>> to try to forward old URLs as much as possible, but it otherwise
>> appears to be in working order.
>
>Thanks a lot.
>
>> Let me know if there are any problems.
>
>I don't know if this is possible, but I used to watch the log of the
>complete xfce/ repository at once, to easily see what changed.
>Would be nice to have that again.

Somthing like http://svn.xfce.org/index.cgi/xfce/?view=log ?
Though it seems this really stresses the server a lot, I had to wait a
few minutes to get the site.
I doubt it is ViewVC itself which takes so long as on other servers
it's way more faster. Maybe there is something wrong with the setup.
But this is just a wild guess.

Regards,
Enrico