An xmodmap Issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Dec 11 01:11:52 CET 2008

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008, g wrote:

> I had some xmodmap issues, too. I found the reason was, that there was a
> driver change from the old kdb to the "new" evdev driver. Xmodmap doesn't
> work well with evdev since evdev brings it's own keycodes.

g,

   That's interesting, but apparently not what I'm dealing with here. I
copied $HOME/.xfce4/xinitrc from the host where xmodmap loads properly to
the notebook, where it doesn't. Strangely enough, it still doesn't work on
the notebook. Yet, it does work when run manually from a v.c.

   I'd appreciate someone pointing me to an appropriate mail list where I can
get more focused help on this since it's not an explicit Xfce issue.

TIA,

Rich