An xmodmap Issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Dec 11 00:19:43 CET 2008

   A couple of weeks ago I upgraded my notebook from Slackware-12.0 and
Xfce-4.4.1 to -12.1 and -4.4.2. When I did, the line near the bottom of
~/.xfce4/xinitrc that reads

xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap

was not invoked ... apparently. The ctrl/caps lock swap directed by .Xmodmap
does not occur. I've not seen any error message generated.

   However, if I run this exact command within a virtual console it works. I
would like to have this command automatically run once again when I start X.
Might this be something related to Xfce?

Rich