ANN: midori version 0.1.1 released

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Sat Dec 6 17:14:34 CET 2008

Am Sat, 6 Dec 2008 12:09:28 +0100
schrieb "Liviu Andronic" <landronimirc at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> Midori 0.1.1 a certain improvement from previous builds (UI and
> functionality), but I had mixed experience with it. Version <=0.1.0
> for some reason (perhaps webkit-gtk upgrade) refused to initialise; on
> start-up they failed with:
> >midori  (16728)
>
> GLib-ERROR **: The thread system is not yet initialized.
> aborting...
> >midori (16728) returned '6'
>
> These versions worked fine with the exported proxy variables, that is
> when they initialised (some time ago) I could access the Net through a
> proxy server. With version 0.1.1, however, Midori seems unable to get
> on-line via the proxy server. It initialises properly, and behaves
> quite well when browsing with non-proxy Internet connections, but it
> seems unable to pass through a proxy. I am not sure whether it makes
> any difference to the current code that I have WebKit built with the
> libSoup backend.

Hey Liviu,

your guess is right, libSoup is what requires threading (actually a bug
the libSoup maintainers are aware of) and the latest Midori always
initializes thread support to work around that.

As for the proxy, the latest libSoup should support that but Midori
doesn't currently deal with any of that. I am actually going to look
into whether I can support that.

ciao,
    Christian