Looking for mailwatch app

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sat Aug 30 02:03:50 CEST 2008

On 2008-08-29, Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 16:05 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
>
>>  2) I keep my panels hidden, which means I can't see the
>>     mailwatch icons.  Maybe I can create a separate panel just
>>     for the mailwatch plugins and leave that one showing.
>
> Use mailwatch and tell it to use notify-send to show a notification
> message when an email arrives so you can keep your panels hidden.

OK, I give up, what's notify-send supposed to do? I can't seem
to find any docs on notify-send.  There's no manpage (at least
not on gentoo). Running this does nothing:

 $ notify-send summary "this is the body"

The output of notify-send --help is pretty cryptic, and
googling it didn't really find aything very instructive.

--
Grant