screen saver via Xfce docs?

Alexander Toresson alexander.toresson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 12:02:25 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Jeremy C. Reed <reed at reedmedia.net> wrote:
> I have xfce4-panel-4.4.2 installed.
>
> The documentation is very brief about the screensaver.
>
> I have enabled on the panel the X screen lock.
>
> I also have xfce4-utils-4.4.2 and xlockmore installed. When I click on the
> lock icon, xflock4 is ran (I think) and then xlock is ran resulting in a
> locked screen. That is good.
>
> But does this panel locking action have a configuration or option to set
> an inactivity time (like 5 minutes without mouse or keyboard use) to then
> run the xflock4?

No. That is supposed to be handled by a separate daemon. I do not know
whether xlock offers one. I use xscreensaver, which does.

> Also I see ~/.config/xfce4/panel/panels.xml has
>                        <item name="actions" id="12197608670"/>
> Where is the corresponding configuration for the lock?

The lock button is displayed by the actions plugin. So, the above line
is it. Note that there's also a separate file for that instance of the
actions plugin that contains its settings.

// Alexander