xfwm4 problems

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Aug 20 14:44:02 CEST 2008

Nathan England wrote:
> I think it may have to do with the click speed, because I do not need to
> double click anything only single click to open programs or folders in thunar,
> and a single click on the title bar will maximize it. I turned down the double
> click speed in xfce, but it made zero difference.

I had this problem on another box -- it turned out (I think) that both
the 'mouse' and 'evdev' X drivers were detecting the same mouse, and so
one click was getting detected as two.  Not sure if this is your
problem; weird that it wouldn't show up in twm... unless double-clicking
still lets you move things.

Try running 'xev' in a terminal, and click in the window while watching
the output in the terminal.  See if you're getting duplicate mouse events.

	-brian