gobject source?

Don Shesnicky don_shesnicky at carleton.ca
Fri Aug 8 15:11:08 CEST 2008

I'm trying to compile xfce on solaris 10 and am getting this error from
configure for libxfce4util-4.4.2:

  checking for gobject-2.0 >= 2.6.0... found, but 2.4.1
  *** The required package gobject-2.0 was found on your system,
  *** but the installed version (2.4.1) is too old.
  *** Please upgrade gobject-2.0 to atleast version 2.6.0, or adjust
  *** the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you installed
  *** the new version of the package in a nonstandard prefix so
  *** pkg-config is able to find it.

Usually not a problem as I'd go off and find gobject but I can't seem to
find anything except the html docs on gnome.

While I'm here are there any searchable archives for this mailing list?
They'd probably have saved me posting the question.

Don