Sample plugin

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Tue Apr 15 05:31:39 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 09:02 +0200, Nick Schermer wrote:

> Search you system if you have the libxfcegui4 pkgconfig file installed
> (probably /usr/lib/pkgconfig/). If not, you don't have the *-devel
> package of Xfce installed (distro dependent). If the pkgconfig files
> do exist and the headers are installed, you need to point your
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH to the correct location (export
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig), as told in the error.

	Interesting.  The packages are installed[1] but there's nothing
in /usr/lib/pkgconfig/ for them.  In fact there doesn't seem to be
any .pc files for those libraries.  This is on my older fedora 7 box so
I'll try it on my newest Fedora 8 box tomorrow (it's way past my
bedtime).

> This is no autotools magic, just an incomplete build environment on
> your pc (or atleast; not properly configured)

	I trust not the configurations of anything on any computer running any
app on any OS.  Well, I did like the IBM 3090 running MVS quite a bit.

Joe

[1] libxfcegui4-4.4.2-1.fc7
    libxfce4util-4.4.2-1.fc7
    xfce4-panel-4.4.2-1.fc7

--
Interesting Boring Blog - http://x-nc.blogspot.com
A combination of insight and inanity for your reading pleasure