simple x server for running XFce from a Windows client

Grant McWilliams grantmasterflash at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 23:20:41 CEST 2008

For Windows machines trying to get access to Linux Desktops this is an
excellent sollution. I use it on 60 machines around the world.. The official
NX server from nomachine works perfect but limits the number of
connections.

Grant

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 11:54 AM, David Mohr <damailings at mcbf.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Todd and Margo Chester
> <ToddAndMargo at verizon.net> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> >     I have a customer with a M$XP machine that has
> >  to walk 1/2 mile (or telnet) to get to the main Linux
> >  server.  It seems to me that there is a simple X server
> >  that will run off of XFce to give him remote access
> >  to the server, but I am not finding it.  Any suggestions?
> >
> >  Many thanks,
> >  -T
>
> I can only recommend that you look into freenx / nomachine nx, which
> is a great remote access solution. From my experience, it will give
> you much better results than using X remotely by itself.
>
> ~David

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use
Windows."
Now they have two problems.