ANN: ristretto version 0.0.7 released

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Sun Sep 30 14:38:58 CEST 2007

stephan at xfce.org wrote:
> Ok... unfortunately I just found two bugs with the previously released
> 0.0.6 version. (It crashed)
>
> Here you have both the changelog for 0.0.7 and 0.0.6 (since they might
> both be of interest against 0.0.5)
>
> ChangeLog
> 2007-09-30: Release 0.0.7
>     * src/navigation.c:
>       - Fix Segfault
>     * src/main_window.c:
>       - Fix some broken if-statements that didn't work
>
> 2007-09-30: Release 0.0.6
>     * src/main.c:
>       - Index the entire folder when a file is opened from the CLI
>     * src/picture_viewer.c:
>       - When switching files, fix the timeout and darken thei
>         original image until the timeout is exceeded.
>     * src/navigation.c:
>       - Add EXIF support for detecting the image-orientation.
>       - Fix memory-leak
>     * src/thumbnail_viewer.c:
>       - Improve the paint behaviour, do not paint the same pixel twice.
>     * src/main_window.c:
>       - Place all the MainWindow code inside a separate class
>       - Improve the way the titlebar displays the image-name.

Looking good and great progress made!

May I suggest a few things?
* Zooming with the scrollwheel seems odd, I'd like to suggest to add the
Ctrl modifier for zoom and default to next/prev with the scrollwheel
* Use arrow keys for next/prev navigation and page up and down for first
and last.
* Show a descriptive tooltip when hovering above a thumbnail
(filename/larger thumbnail/etc)
* The thumbnail strip moves to center the chosen image. Maybe add a
horizontal scrollbar if the strip gets placed off-screen? Or be able to
use the scrollwheel, without selecting an other image?

Cheers!

-H-