xfmedia-remote-plugin fails to compile

Omair Eshkenazi stimpson at phys.huji.ac.il
Sun Sep 9 12:32:03 CEST 2007

Quoting "Brian J. Tarricone" <bjt23 at cornell.edu>:

> Hope this clears things up for you before you decide to display your
> ignorance again.  In short: chill, dude.  Your attitude of imagined
> entitlement is not welcome here.

Sheesh, mate. Is it me that needs to chill?

All I did was remark (in a humourous tone: "Grumpy Benny") about the
fact that it ends up being me (a "passer by", what "imagined
entitlement" is there in that?), rather than the XFCE people (I didn't
claim it had anything directly to do with Benny: "and his cohorts" and
"XF-people"), who tries to actually help with this:
I noticed your previous posts, but it all seemed to go in the
direction of pointing him to the plugin developer, rather than
treating it as a compiling problem -- so I tried to help him based on
my experience with compiling packages from source (something I would
have expected you people to know more about than me).

Wouldn't it be more productive for you to vent in the direction of
someone's president (preferably with the assistance of a firearm)?

Omair

--
Whenever I hear of "culture"...