Question on menus

Ryan Daly daly at ctcnet.net
Wed Oct 31 21:18:53 CET 2007

All:

I'm a brand-new user to Xfce.  I have a question on the menu system...

I have a number of .desktop files in ~/.local/share/applications.  The
system menu is picking them up and placing them under "Other."

I'd like them to be placed under a totally different sub-menu that I
have defined.  I have been looking at ~/.config/xfce4/desktop/menu.xml
and cannot figure out how to include them in my defined menu.

Is that possible to do, or do I need edit menu.xml to include each and
every .desktop file that I have?

Thanks in advance.