Squeeze install problem on FreeBSD 7.0

Landry Breuil landry.breuil at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 13:35:43 CET 2007

On 10/31/07, Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org> wrote:

> > >                              ^^^^
> > >
> > > You are missing "gettext" that provides msgfmt.
> >
> > wrong, run:
> >
> > GMSGFMT=/usr(/local)/bin/msgfmt ./configure
> >
> > for some reason the configure script does not detect msgfmt automatically.
>
> if gettext was missing, then the configure script would notice.
>
> BTW, this is an issue with all BSD's, I don't know why that happends.

Because configure and autotools is a pure nightmare ? :)
Instead of trying to make it compile 'the hard way', i'd suggest the
OP to try to make a port of it for FreeBSD, and send his work to ports
lists. Other people (e.g lambda users) may benefit from his work, and
it's not that hard to write a port (at least for OpenBSD, but i
suppose for FreeBSD it's the same).

landry