Increase icon menu size?

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Tue Oct 30 07:53:57 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm an Austrian sysadmin living in Montpezat (South France), and a Linux
user since 2001. I'm currently putting together a "stealth" production
desktop for use in town halls and public libraries, based on Slackware
Linux and XFCE. Right now I'm doing the fine-tuning, sanding down the
odd edges.

One thing that worries me is the default size of the menu icons. Many of
my users are older people, especially in the public libraries, and I'd
like to get the menu display bigger. I somehow sense it can be done: I
took a peek at the Dreamlinux site, an XFCE-based distro, and their menu
looks like I'd want it: a bit like the GNOME menu. Take a look here:

http://www.dreamlinux.com.br (can't seem to link it directly, since they
have some fancy script stuff on their page. Take a look at
'Screenshots', and display a screenshot containing a menu).

I've been looking around for a configuration option for that, but I
can't seem to find it.

Any suggestions?

Cheers from the sunny South of France,

Niki Kovacs