Backspace problem in Terminal with screen

A. Khattri ajai at bway.net
Wed Oct 24 01:24:52 CEST 2007

This is weird behavior:

Im running a screen session inside a terminal window and the backspace key
doesn't work. Outside of screen it works just fine. Dont know if this is a
problem with screen or how terminal interacts with it.

I dont have this problem running screen in a terminal window on another
Linux box at home.

This is on a Gentoo box running on a Mac G3 with a Mac keyboard.
Xorg 7.1
xfce 4.4.1

(I should point out that if I run screen inside a regular xterm, the
Delete key works as expected, so this problem is only when running
screen under xfterm4).