auto remove Launcher if foo/bar

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Wed Oct 3 21:32:53 CEST 2007

On 10/3/07, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Is there a way to make a launcher Icon disapears when the application is
> > launched?
> > For example, if I have a thunderbird launcher, as long as TB is alive,
> > its launcher should disapear.
> > That could (try to) avoid having duplicated instances of some softwares...
> > Isn't it?
>
> IMO this is kinda confusing and not a good idea.

Well, it might...

> If applications should only spawn one instance, the app should take care of
> only allowing this on its own.

I agree with you there, however I find it an interesting research
subject. So I will write a patch to implement this feature (should be
trivial) just to see if it works.

It might be fun to have at some point, or it won't... nevertheless we
will probably never know if we don't try it.

>         -brian

Stephan