Swap goes crazy

Paul paul at nlpagan.net
Wed Nov 28 17:41:38 CET 2007

Hello all,

After a very long time I am back with XFCE.
It has evolved quite a bit!

I have encountered a strange problem that perhaps is easy to fix: when running GIMP and opening 4 or more larger pictures (about 2048x1520 or so), swap goes crazy, fills up completely and it is almost impossible to kill Gimp.

My PC has 512Mb RAM, and in the other WM (IceWM) I did not encounter this strange behaviour. Can someone tell me how I could make things behave?

Thanks,
Paul

--
What is now proved was once only imagined.
-William Blake

http://www.nlpagan.net
Running on Mandriva Linux 2008 and Saucony Grid Omni 6