Screen lock not holding

TerryX terauck-xfce at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 20 05:51:41 CET 2007

BuraphaLinux Server wrote:

> Use xlock instead.

Thanks.  It's useful to know that.  In the meantime, after giving up on two
Xfce-based distros, I was about to log out and use Kde (ugh, I know) when I
discovered completely accidentally that locking works with some screen
savers and not others.  Before taking the momentous step of changing to kde,
I gave the panel icon one more chance.  It worked but displayed a completely
different screen saver.  So, I checked a few screen savers.  Sure enough,
the one I had been using (kaleidoscope) resulted in an error message and
then failed to lock, as did one other.

<BTW> I still need to find a distro which

# Supports Xfce
# Has a good range of applications, including all Kde applications
# Can be configured in hours not days, weeks or months
# Is run by mature adults who
# Have all their marbles

FreeBSD seems to be the only candidate. <urk></urk> </BTW>

Thanks for the replies.